We are currently recruiting for ONE role:
- Maternity Cover / Full Time Beauty Therapist [View job role]
We're hiring for a passionate and experienced Beauty Therapist to join our team
We regret that we cannot accept applications from anyone with less than 1 years salon experience.
Shwe Tan is a Tanning and Beauty Salon in Old Harlow, Essex. We specialise in Express Beauty Treatments and Tanning.
Our mission is to provide every client with an outstanding service along with all the information they need to get the best results after their Treatment or Sun Bed. We've been making people looked tanned and feel beautiful for almost 7 years now, and our team works very hard 7 days a week and until 10pm some weeknights so that we can fit in with our client's busy schedules.
Our Beauty Therapists are a cut above the rest and as one of the team; you'll be expected to create the right impression to our clients.
If you're prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm then in return we'll give you opportunities for training and development and provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you’ll feel like one of the family. You'll be taking on a vital role in our growing business and we love to reward people who've earned it.
You must have a true love and passion for what you do as a professional.
- Providing exceptional Express Beauty Treatments to clients.
- Making client happiness your number one priority.
- Being ultra-friendly and helpful.
- Working alongside your team to provide the best possible experience and service to every client.
- Taking client bookings and payments.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of every service we offer at Shwe Tan (full training will be given).
- Maintain the cleanliness of salon and keeping the rooms and reception area spotless.
- Working towards monthly Targets.
- Communicating product information to ensure customer needs are met
- Be a team player
- Have a great big smile
- Computer Literate with a good standard of English (both oral and written).
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Common sense and resourcefulness
- Confidence in interacting with Clients, making them feel at ease.
- To be able to keep a spotlessly clean salon – this is what our clients love about us!
- Attention to detail
- An upbeat and happy tone of voice
- Wiliness to learn about all of our products, services and prices in order to give the best possible advice to clients.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and to think on your feet.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 years salon experience as this role will require someone to come in and work in a fast paced environment.
- NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy
- Spray Tanning
- Gel Nails - Nail Harmony Qualification would be advantageous
- Qualified and experienced in carrying out Hollywood & Brazilian Waxing
Qualifications which would be advantageous but not necessary:
Threading, LVL Lashes, Semi-Permanent Lashes, Nouveau Express Lashes
Copies of Certificates & 2 references will be required prior to the applicant starting.
£7.50 - £8.50 per hour (+ good tips) depending on experience & qualifications
- You get to work in a happy and professional environment
- You will be trained to the best of your ability
- You can attend training courses to further your career
- You will have the opportunity to train in all treatments that we offer
- You can attend our great Summer & Christmas Parties which are all paid for!
- Free Tea, Coffee & Juices
After a 3 month probationary period you will also benefit from:
- 50% off Treatment & Sun Beds
-25% off Products
- Free Parking
This role will initially be maternity leave cover for the below hours starting from March / April 2017, however as we are a growing business, we will be able to offer full time hours to the right applicant.
Monday's 5pm - 9:30pm
Tuesday's 5pm - 9:30pm
Wednesday's hours available between 9am & 9:30pm
Thursday's 3pm - 10pm
Friday's 9am - 6pm
- 2 Saturday's per month 9am - 7pm
- 2 Sunday's per month 10am - 7pm
If you are interested in these hours, but you can only work some hours / between some of the times stated above, please still get in touch so we can have a chat as we may be able to be flexible on working hours.
Then send your CV and a Photo of yourself to Sarah Aherne, Manager at email@example.com with 'MATERNITY COVER - BEAUTY THERAPIST ROLE' in the subject line.
- How you heard about the role
- Your current & expected hourly rate
- Availability to start the role
- Which of the above hours you are interested in
- If have any holidays booked this year.
- Any day's / time's you are unavailable to work.
- A list of the treatments you are qualified in carrying out
Applications without this information will not be considered
If you want to get to the top of the pile of CV's - then let us know why you think you'd be the perfect candidate!
Alternatively, you can post it to:
Sarah Aherne, Manager, Shwe Tan Limited, Ground Floor, Select House, Station Road, Old Harlow, Essex, CM17 0AW
Responses to Applications:
We aim to respond to all applications within 3 weeks, however where we have had a high response to a vacancy we will be unable to respond to applicants or give individual feedback.
If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.