We are currently recruiting for ONE role:
- Salon Receptionist [View job role]
If you can answer YES to all of the below, then we want to hear from you!
- Are you a warm, friendly, well-spoken and person?
- Are confident in serving clients and meeting new people?
- Are you a fast learner?
- Are you a people person?
- Do you love making clients happy?
- Are you a positive person, with a happy tone of voice?
- Are you a hard worker and give 100% to everything you do
- Are you extremely confident in using a computer?
- Would you feel confident in selling Sun Bed Courses and Products to clients?
We are a Tanning and Beauty Salon in Old Harlow, soon expanding to a second premises on the High Street in Old Harlow.
Our mission is to provide every client with an outstanding service along with all the information they need to get the best results after their Sun Bed or Treatment.
We've been making people looked tanned and feel beautiful for over 7 years now, and our team works very hard 7 days a week and until 10pm some weeknights so that we can fit in with our clients' busy schedules.
This role will be to work on Reception in both Salons - the two locations will be very much connected.
Our Receptionists are a cut above the rest and as one of the team; you'll be expected to create the right impression to our clients.
This is a very busy role; there is a lot to learn during your first few months at work, but on the plus side, time goes quickly and you get to deal with our lovely clients!
If you're prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm then in return we'll give you opportunities for training and development and provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you’ll feel like one of the family.
You'll be taking on a vital role in our growing business and we love to reward people who've earned it.
- Making client happiness your number one priority
- Being ultra friendly and helpful
- Working alongside your team to provide the best possible experience and service to every client.
- Taking client bookings and payments
- Have an in-depth knowledge of every service we offer at Shwe Tan (full training will be given).
- Maintain the cleanliness of salon by completing daily opening and closing tasks such as cleaning sun beds after each client, and keeping the rooms reception area spotless.
- Communicating product information to ensure customer needs are met
- Carrying out administration tasks and data input.
- Working towards Targets
- Working on marketing projects for management - eg Social Media, Emails to clients, adverts
- You must have a true love and passion for what you do as a professional.
- Be a team player
- Have a great big smile
- Computer Literate with a good standard of English (both oral and written), able to use Excel and Microsoft Outlook.
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done
- Common sense and resourcefulness
- Confidence in interacting with Clients, making them feel at ease.
- To be able to keep a spotlessly clean salon – this is what our clients love about us!
- Attention to detail
- An upbeat and happy tone of voice
- Wiliness to learn about all of our products, services and prices in order to give the best possible advice to clients.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and to think on your feet.
- You must have a good memory as you will be required to recall information about clients and remember their names after time.
- You must be confident in locking up the salon on your own after full training has been given
Previous experience in one of the below areas is required:
- Customer Service
You must have achieved Grade C or above in GCSE English & Maths
- You get to work in a happy and professional environment
- You will be trained to the best of your ability
- You can attend training courses to further your career
- You can attend our great Summer & Christmas Parties which are all paid for!
- Free Tea, Coffee & Juices
After a 3 month probationary period you will also benefit from:
- 50% off selected treatments
- 25% off all products
- Free Parking
We are open 7 days a week during the following hours:
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Friday 8:45am - 9:30pm
Thursday 8:45am - 10pm
Saturday 8:45am - 7:15pm
Sunday 9:45am - 7pm
Please send the hours you are available to work on your cover letter along with your expected hourly rate.
Then send your CV and cover letter to Sarah Aherne, Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'RECEPTIONIST ROLE' in the subject line.
- Your expected hourly rate
- Availability to start the role
- If have any holidays booked this year.
- Any days/times you are unavailable to work
- A photograph of yourself
Applications without this information will not be considered
Responses to Applications:
We aim to respond to all applications within 3 weeks, however where we have had a high response to a vacancy we will be unable to respond to applicants or give individual feedback.
If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.