We've put lots of extra procedures put in place to make your experience as safe and comfortable as possible for you.
If you are kept waiting longer than usual, please be patient while we prepare for you to enter the salon and get everything clean and safe ready for you to enter.
From Monday 19th July, you are no longer required by law to wear a mask when visiting Shwe Tan for a sun bed.
It is very important to us that as restrictions ease, our clients feel safe when visiting our salon and our team feel safe at work.
Please be respectful to those who continue to wear a mask in our tanning salon and respect the personal choice of others.
- Our tanning consultants will remain behind screens in reception.
- Please continue to wait outside the salon until you are called in for your appointment.
- Please ensure you clean your sun bed after you have used it. If you do not clean your sun bed after using it, we will not allow you to re-book and return for future visits to our salon.
- All other safety measures and cleaning protocols will remain in place. Our tanning consultants will clean each room and sun bed after each client.
- We will continue to email your consultation card to you before your appointment. Please check your details are up to date, then scroll down to the bottom of the card tick no / yes to these questions:
1. Are you required to be self-isolating?
2. Have you had the recent onset of a new continuous cough? / Do you have a high temperature? / Have you noticed a loss of, or change in, your normal sense of taste or smell?
If you should be self-isolating or have any of the above symptoms, however mild, please stay at home and reschedule your appointment.
- Please arrive on time and alone for your appointment
- Bring minimal personal belongings with you and put your phone away.
- Wait outside the salon to be called in by a member of our team.
If there is a queue outside, please be respectful of other peoples personal space. If queuing behind other clients, please stand at the side of our salon. We will call you into the salon at the time of your appointment.
- Use the hand sanitising station when you enter the salon.
- Wait in front of our reception desk to be served.
- Please be mindful of other clients personal space.
- We’ll confirm receipt of your pre-screening questionnaire.
- Avoid touching anything during your visit unless invited to do so.
- Please let a member of our team know if you need to visit the bathroom or need any further assistance during your visit.
- Our contactless card machine takes payments up to £45.
We cannot accommodate any extra guests for the time being so please attend your sun bed session alone.
Once you have been checked in for your appointment you will be invited to take a seat in our waiting area. At this time, we are only allowing one client to sit in our waiting area to ensure the comfort of our team and clients leaving the salon so our reception area isn't overcrowded.
If it is your first appointment we will ask you to wear a mask while a member of our team shows you how to use the sun bed. If you don't have a mask, we'll provide you with one.
We now operate a booking only system to avoid any unnecessary contact during waiting times. You can call the salon on 01279 442844 to book your appointment or use the button below to book online.
Our team are trained on how to keep you safe.
If you have any questions or feedback, please send us an email here and we'll get back to you.
Please use the hooks to hang up your clothes.
Helping you feel fresh
During this time we have removed all deodorants and packs of face wipes from the salon. We will provide you with a complimentary individually packaged freshen up wipe to use each visit.
You'll find on the shelf:
- A complimentary freshen up wipe
- A pair of Winkease eye protection to wear while you tan
- Any tanning lotion sachets or bottles purchased or bottles which we store at the salon for you.
We are happy to store bottles of tanning lotion that you purchase from us for 12 months. If you would like to keep your lotion at our salon, please leave this in the room after your sun bed, and a member of our team will sanitise your bottle, label it with your name, and safely store it for you.
Our sun bed cleaner has been tested to fight against COVID-19
- Please use the sun bed cleaner to clean the top and bottom of the sun bed acrylic with the tissue from the dispenser and sun bed cleaner.
- Dispose of any rubbish in the bin provided.
- If you purchased a bottle of tanning lotion from us, please leave this on the shelf and we'll store it away ready for your next visit.
Cleanliness of our salon and the safety of our staff and clients are our top priorities, so we kindly would like to mention at this point, if you do not clean your sun bed after using it, we will not allow you to re-book and return for future visits at our salon.
Please rebook your next sun bed in advance before leaving the salon, to guarantee you a slot on your preferred day and time.
Our team follow a strict cleaning protocol which will be carried out at regular intervals throughout the day.
Our payment terminal will be cleaned after each use.
The shop door handle inside and out will be cleaned at regular intervals.
After your sun bed session, a member of our team will clean:
- Door handles – inside and out of each sun bed room
- Coat hooks
- Shelves and ledges in each room
- The stool
- The bottle of sun bed cleaner
- The outside of the tissue dispenser
- The Sun Angel sensor
Every sun bed will be fully sanitised twice after use so your sun bed will be clean, fresh, and safe ready for the next client to use.
Bins will be emptied at regular intervals throughout the day.
If for any reason you feel you are not happy with anything during your visit or if you have anything you'd like us to look into adding as additional measures, please let a member of our team know or email us here