We've put all the information and two videos below with everything you need to know before visiting us next week:
Our friendly team of tanning consultants are here to help you get the safest and best possible tan.
If you want a longer-lasting, faster and darker tan when you come in to use our sun beds, watch this video to find out what you need to start doing at home now.
Exfoliate your skin
You don't want to tan on dry, dead skin that'll just flake off in a few days. Make sure you exfoliate your skin before you start tanning, and your tan will last longer.
Moisturise your skin
Start moisturising daily from today to make sure your skin is hydrated. Hydrated skin will absorb more UV and your tan will last longer. No moisturiser should be worn on the day you visit us as they contain oils that can cause you to burn when tanning.
Never tan dry - use a professional tanning lotion for a 60% darker tan
Using a tanning lotion helps protect your skin from ageing while you tan.
They keep your skin hydrated and help absorb more UV, so you'll get more from each tanning session than tanning dry.
You'll tan faster and this will mean fewer visits to the salon.
If you're using our lay down or stand up sun beds, we recommend starting back at 4 or 5 minutes for your first few sun beds.
Having fewer minutes more frequently will build you a darker, longer-lasting tan faster than visiting just once a week and option for more minutes.
Try not to spread your tanning sessions too far apart. It'll take you longer to build a base tan.
Book 2 - 3 sun beds per week for your first few weeks tanning, then once you've achieved your desired colour, keep this topped up with a weekly visit.
For example, if you have fair skin:
Sessions 1 - 3 4 minutes
Sessions 4 - 6 5 minutes
Sessions 7 - 10 6 minutes
...and so on until you've reached your desired colour.
Gradually increase your tanning session by 1 minute at a time. Never increase by 2 minutes.
It takes on average 2 hours of tanning time to build your desired colour. If you want to speed up the time this takes you, we recommend using our Sun Angel sun bed as you only need 6 x 20-minute Sun Angel sessions.
We are extremely passionate about safe tanning. Our team are trained to advise you on how to get a safe tan, as quickly as possible, please take their advice, and we promise you'll achieve your desired results.
Red does not = brown
If there is any redness or tightness of your skin, you've had too many minutes.
Going red does not mean you are tanning
Please do not book your next sun bed until redness has gone down and reduce your tanning minutes.
Leave a minimum of 48 hours between each tanning session to give your tan time to develop.
Just mention this offer to a member of our team and get your first-ever Sun Angel for just £10.00 - usually £20.00
If you have any questions, please send us an email here or call 01279 442844 and we’ll be happy to help.
We've put lots of extra procedures put in place to make your experience as safe and comfortable as possible for you.
Please take time to read our Tanning Salon Guidelines so you know what to expect before your first visit.
If you are kept waiting longer than usual, please be patient while we prepare for you to enter the salon and get everything clean and safe ready for you to enter.
You'll receive an email the day before your appointment. On this email will be a link to press to confirm your details are up to date along with your medical information. You'll also need to confirm are not suffering from any symptoms of COVID-19.
- If you feel unwell, have a cough or fever, please cancel your appointment
- Please arrive on time and alone for your appointment
- Bring minimal personal belongings with you and put your phone away.
- Our waiting area is currently closed due to the Government guidelines to protect all clients and staff. Please wait outside the salon to be called in by a member of our team - remember to bring a brolly if it's raining! As soon as the government relax the guidelines our waiting area will be open again.
If there is a queue outside, please be respectful of social distancing. If queuing behind other clients, please stand at the side of our salon. We will call you into the salon at the time of your appointment.
- Please use the hand sanitising station when you enter and leave the salon
- Wait on the floor marking in front of our reception desk
- Face coverings are mandatory, you can remove your face covering when you enter your sun bed room.
- Please be mindful of other clients and keep the recommended social distancing.
- We’ll confirm receipt of your pre-screening questionnaire.
- Avoid touching anything during your visit unless invited to do so.
- Please let a member of our team know if you need to visit the bathroom or need any further assistance during your visit.
- Our contactless card machine now takes payments of £45.
- If you're having a treatment carried out, avoid wearing any jewellery on the area you are being treated for.
We now operate a booking only system to avoid any unnecessary contact during waiting times. You can call the salon on 01279 442844 to book your appointment online HERE
Our team have been trained on how to follow the Government guidelines to keep you safe.
If you have any questions or feedback, please send us an email here and we'll get back to you.
Please use the hooks to hang up your clothes.
Helping you feel fresh
During this time we have removed all deodorants and packs of face wipes from the salon. We will provide you with a complimentary individually packaged freshen up wipe to use each visit. Additional packs can be purchased at a cost of 50p each, please let a member of our team know if you would like to purchase any additional packs
You'll find on the shelf:
- A complimentary freshen up wipe
- A pair of Winkease eye protection to wear while you tan
- Any tanning lotion sachets or bottles purchased or bottles that we store at the salon for you.
We are happy to store bottles of tanning lotion that you purchase from us for 12 months. If you would like to keep your lotion at our salon, please leave this in the room after your sun bed, and a member of our team will sanitise your bottle, label it with your name, and safely store it for you.
Our sun bed cleaner has been tested to fight against COVID-19
- Please use the sun bed cleaner to clean the top and bottom of the sun bed acrylic with the tissue from the dispenser and sun bed cleaner.
- Dispose of any rubbish in the bin provided.
- If you purchased a bottle of tanning lotion from us, please leave this on the shelf and we'll store it away ready for your next visit.
Cleanliness of our salon and safety of our staff and clients are our top priorities, so we kindly would like to mention at this point, if you do not clean your sun bed after using it, we will not allow you to re-book and return for future visits at our salon.
Please rebook your next sun bed in advance before leaving the salon, to guarantee you a slot on your preferred day and time.
Our team follow a strict cleaning protocol which will be carried out at regular intervals throughout the day.
Our payment terminal will be cleaned after each use.
The shop door handle inside and out will be cleaned at regular intervals.
After your sun bed session, a member of our team will clean:
- Door handles – inside and out of each sun bed room
- Coat hooks
- Shelves and ledges in each room
- The stool
- The bottle of sun bed cleaner
- The outside of the tissue dispenser
- The Sun Angel sensor
Every sun bed will be fully sanitised twice after use so your sun bed will be clean, fresh, and safe ready for the next client to use.
Bins will be emptied at regular intervals throughout the day.
If for any reason you feel you are not happy with anything during your visit or if you have anything you'd like us to look into adding as additional measures, please let a member of our team know or email us HERE.