We are looking to take on an Advanced Apprentice, who has completed their Level 2 qualification and is passionate and committed to developing their career as a Beauty Therpaist. This apprentiship will mean you can carrry out all of your training at Shwe, instead of at College, gain experience carrying out treatments and be paid an apprentice rate for being at our salon 30 hours a week.
Training will be provided at our salon through Saks Education Ltd to complete Beauty Therapy Level 3.
Immediate start available.
You must be available to work Saturday's / Sunday's and some evenings.
If you can answer YES to all of the below, then we want to hear from you!
- Are you passionate about becoming an experienced Beauty Therapist?
- Are you a warm, friendly, well-spoken and confident person?
- Do you love making people happy?
- Are you a positive person, with a happy tone of voice?
- Are you a hard worker and give 100% to everything you do?
- Are you a professional person?
We are a team of 18, based in Old Harlow specialising in Beauty Treatments and Tanning.
Our Beauty Salon has 3 Treatment rooms, 2 Spray Tan rooms, 2 nail bars and a pedicure area. We are also looking to add a make-up area / Brow Bar by the end of the year.
Our mission is to provide every client with an outstanding service along with all the information they need to get the best results after their Treatment.
We've been making people looked tanned and feel beautiful for almost 8 years now, and our team works very hard 7 days a week and until 9:30pm weeknights so that we can fit in with our client's busy schedules.
If you're prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm then in return we'll give you opportunities for training and development and provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you’ll feel like one of the family.
Treatments you will carry out after further training will include:
Manicures and pedicures
Lash & Brow Tinting
- You must have a true love and passion for what you do as a professional.
- Client happiness must be your number one priority.
- You must be an ultra-friendly and helpful person who can work in a team to provide the best possible experience and service to every client.
- You'll be taking clients bookings and payments.
- You will need to have an in-depth knowledge of every service we offer at Shwe (full training will be given).
- You'll maintain the cleanliness of salon, keeping the rooms and reception area spotless.
- Work towards monthly Targets.
- Communicate product information to ensure customer needs are met
- Be a team player.
- Have a great big smile.
- Computer Literate with a good standard of English (both oral and written).
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Common sense and resourcefulness.
- Confidence in interacting with Clients, making them feel at ease.
- To be able to keep a spotlessly clean salon – this is what our clients love about us!
- Attention to detail.
- An upbeat and happy tone of voice.
- Willingness to learn about all of our products, services and prices in order to give the best possible advice to clients.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and to think on your feet.
- NVQ 2 in Beauty Therapy
Qualifications which would be advantageous but not necessary:
Gel Nails - Nail Harmony Qualification would be advantageous
Threading, LVL Lashes, Semi-Permanent Lashes, Express Lashes
Copies of Certificates & 2 references will be required prior to the applicant starting.
- You get to work in a happy and professional environment
- You will be trained to the best of your ability
- You can attend training courses to further your career
- You can attend our great Summer & Christmas Parties which are all paid for!
- Free Tea, Coffee & Juices
To gain Level 3 Industry Recognised qualification and to become a fully qualified Beauty Therapist.
The aim of the apprenticeship programme is for the salon to train and maintain gifted therapist to complement the existing highly trained team.
Things to consider
The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.70 per hour as of 1st of April 2018. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year. Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year. The minimum wage rates are £5.90 an hour for 18-20 year olds; £7.38 for anyone aged 21 to 24 and £7.83 for those over 25.
Full time - Days TBC
You must be available to work evenings / weekends
Total hours per week: 30
There is the opportunity to work more hours as your training progresses
Here's how to apply:
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Saks Education Ltd
Please Contact Amy Donlan to apply:
01325 341596 firstname.lastname@example.org