Are you an experienced Beauty Therapist looking for a long-term career at an award-winning salon?
We have a new Part-Time role available for an experienced Beauty Therapist to work on Saturdays at our friendly salon.
If you are available to work additional hours, please send your availability along with your application, so this can be considered.
We are the only beauty salon in the South East of England with over six hundred five-star reviews on Google. We've also won multiple client experience awards, 'Salon of the Season' and twice finalists for 'Best Customer Service' at the National Entrepreneur Awards. Our clients love us and what we do.
Our team of 20 is based in Old Harlow, Essex specialising in Beauty Treatments and Tanning. We have two salons which are just a 2-minute walk from each other. This role may involve working at both salons.
Our mission is to provide every client with an outstanding service with all the information they need to get the best results after their treatment.
We've been making people looked tanned and feel beautiful for over nine years now. Our team works very hard seven days a week and until 9:30pm weeknights so that we can fit in with our client's busy schedules.
If you're prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm, we'll give you opportunities for training and development. We'll also provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you'll feel like one of the family.
You must have a true love and passion for providing an exceptional standard of beauty treatments to clients
- Client happiness should always be your number one priority.
- Being ultra-friendly and helpful.
- Working alongside your team to provide the best possible experience and service to every client.
- Taking client bookings and payments.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of every service we offer at Shwe (full training will be given).
- Maintaining an exceptional level of cleanliness of the salon at all times.
- Working towards monthly targets.
- Communicating product information to ensure customer needs are met
If you can answer YES to all of the below, then we'd love to hear from you
- Are you a warm, friendly, well-spoken, and confident person?
- Are you passionate about making everyone around you feel special?
- Are you a positive person who loves making clients happy?
- Are you proud of the level of treatments you provide?
- Are you confident in recommending the correct products and aftercare to give your clients the best possible results from their treatment when they leave the salon?
- Are you a reliable and hard worker who gives 100% to every task?
- Do your client's Gel Nails consistently last for at least two weeks?
- You must have excellent communication and customer service expertise.
- Always put your clients first - this is what our salon is renowned for.
- Be a team player.
- Have a great big smile.
- Computer Literate with a good standard of English (both oral and written).
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Common sense and resourcefulness.
- Confidence in interacting with clients, making them feel at ease.
- You must always maintain an exceptional level of cleanliness of the salon at all times
- Attention to detail.
- An upbeat and happy tone of voice.
- Willingness to learn about all of our products, services and prices in order to give the best possible advice to clients.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and to think on your feet.
- NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy.
- Gel Nails
Experience and passion for any of these treatments would be advantageous, although not essential
- Hollywood & Brazilian Waxing
- Spray Tanning
- Russian style/volume lashes
Copies of certificates & two references will be required prior to the applicant starting.
- You get to work in a happy and professional environment.
- You will be trained to the best of your ability.
- You can attend training courses to further your career.
- You will have the opportunity to train in all treatments that we offer.
- Attend our Annual Christmas event.
- Free Tea, Coffee & Juices
We are open 82 hours per week, so whether you are looking for a Part-Time or Full-Time role, we'd love to hear from you.
We are open Monday to Friday's 8:45am - 9:30pm, Saturdays 8:45am - 6pm and 9:45am - 7pm on Sundays.
Please send the hours you are available to work on your cover letter.
Send your CV and a photo of yourself to Sarah Aherne, Managing Director at firstname.lastname@example.org with 'BEAUTY THERAPIST ROLE' in the subject line.
Please provide a cover letter to let us know what you think you can bring to our team. We are only looking for superstars!
Please also include in your cover letter:
- Dates of any holidays booked this year.
- Any days/times you are unavailable to work.
- A list of the treatments which you are qualified in.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
Responses to Applications:
We will respond to all applications within 10 days then shortlist interviews,
Initial interviews will be held via a Zoom video call.
Once we have been advised by the government of the date our salon can re-open, we will arrange a trade test.
An immediate start will be available for the successful candidate.