We have recently expanded into our beautiful new salon on the High Street in Old Harlow, and are looking for a passionate and experienced Beauty Therapist to join our team, who is available to work Saturday's / Sunday's and some evenings. Please send your availability along with your application.
Our new salon has 3 treatment rooms, 2 nail bars, 2 pedicure areas and 2 spray tan rooms. We are also looking to add a make-up area / Brow Bar by the end of the year.
If you can answer YES to all of the below, then we want to hear from you!
- Are you a passionate Beauty Therapist with 1 or more years Salon Experience?
- Are you a warm, friendly, well-spoken and confident person?
- Do you love making clients happy?
- Are you a positive person, with a happy tone of voice?
- Are you proud of the level of treatments you provide?
- Are you confident in recommending the correct products and aftercare to give your clients the best possible results from their treatment when they leave the salon?
- Are you a hard worker and give 100% to everything you do?
- Do your client's Gel Nails consistently last for 2 weeks?
- Are you available to work some evenings and at weekends?
We are a team of 18, based in Old Harlow specialising in Beauty Treatments and Tanning.
Our Beauty Salon has 3 Treatment rooms, 2 Spray Tan rooms, 2 nail bars and a pedicure area. We are also looking to add a make-up area / Brow Bar by the end of the year.
Our mission is to provide every client with an outstanding service along with all the information they need to get the best results after their Treatment.
We've been making people looked tanned and feel beautiful for almost 8 years now, and our team works very hard 7 days a week and until 9:30pm weeknights so that we can fit in with our client's busy schedules.
If you're prepared to offer us your commitment and enthusiasm then in return we'll give you opportunities for training and development and provide an upbeat, friendly working environment where you’ll feel like one of the family.
You must have a true love and passion for what you do as a professional.
- Providing exceptional Express Beauty Treatments to clients.
- Making client happiness your number one priority.
- Being ultra-friendly and helpful.
- Working alongside your team to provide the best possible experience and service to every client.
- Taking client bookings and payments.
- Have an in-depth knowledge of every service we offer at Shwe (full training will be given).
- Maintain the cleanliness of salon and keeping the rooms and reception area spotless.
- Working towards monthly Targets.
- Communicating product information to ensure customer needs are met
- Be a team player.
- Have a great big smile.
- Computer Literate with a good standard of English (both oral and written).
- Willingness to do whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Common sense and resourcefulness.
- Confidence in interacting with Clients, making them feel at ease.
- To be able to keep a spotlessly clean salon – this is what our clients love about us!
- Attention to detail.
- An upbeat and happy tone of voice.
- Willingness to learn about all of our products, services and prices in order to give the best possible advice to clients.
- Good organisational skills, with the ability to multi-task and to think on your feet.
Applicants must have a minimum of 1 year’s salon experience as this role will require someone to come in and work in a fast-paced environment.
- NVQ 3 in Beauty Therapy.
- Spray Tanning.
- Gel Nails - Nail Harmony Qualification would be advantageous.
- Qualified and experienced in carrying out Hollywood & Brazilian Waxing.
- Copies of Certificates & 2 references will be required prior to the applicant starting.
Experience and passion for any of these treatments would be advantageous although not essential HD Brows, Massage, Facials, Microblading, Russian lashes, Injectables or Makeup - please get in touch to discuss further opportunities available.
- You get to work in a happy and professional environment.
- You will be trained to the best of your ability.
- You can attend training courses to further your career.
- You will have the opportunity to train in all treatments that we offer.
- You can attend our great Summer & Christmas Parties which are all paid for!
- Free Tea, Coffee & Juices
After a 3-month probationary period you will also benefit from:
- 50% off selected Treatments & Sun Beds.
- 25% off Products.
You must be available to at work some evenings and at weekends, as these are our busiest times!
Please send the hours you are available to work on your cover letter.
Then send your CV and a Photo of yourself to Sarah Aherne, Manager at email@example.com with 'BEAUTY THERAPIST ROLE' in the subject line.
To apply you must have a minimum of 1 years salon experience, Level 3 in Beauty Therapy, and you must provide a photo and cover letter to let us know what you think you can bring to our team. We are only looking for superstars!
Please also include in your cover letter:
- Dates of any holidays booked this year.
- Any day's / times you are unavailable to work.
- A list of treatments which you are qualified in carrying out.
Applications without this information will not be considered.
Responses to Applications:
We aim to respond to all applications within 3 weeks, however where we have had a high response to a vacancy we will be unable to respond to applicants or give individual feedback.
If you have not heard from us after 4 weeks please assume that you have not been successful on this occasion.